Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Missing My Pilot.


So I am not normally a boo-hoo I miss my pilot type of person. For those of you who know me I'm not a sappy type of person at all! My personality really fits in well with the pilot wife lifestyle, I am pretty independent and don't mind doing things on my own. This is a good thing because I figure this year John will only be home for approximately 1/3 of the year. My math goes something like this:

30 days in a month - 10 days John is off = 20 days he isn't home!

Now hopefully this will get better over time, but really I don't mind. I'm not being heartless when I say I don't normally miss him. I do miss him. But it's kind of in a way like "Crap I missed my favorite tv show, oh well I'll see it next week." Now for those of you who's husbands aren't pilots this may sound mean, but with him gone so much it's just a fact of life for us.

This week I miss John a little more than normal, mostly because I was sick most the time he was home. He was home for *longer* (longer being a relative term by about 7 hours) than normal. However, since I felt like crap and didn't move off the couch most the time, combined with going to bed at 10pm, the time seemed to fly by and I feel like I barely saw him at all! So I'll end with a quote from one of my favorite authors Richard Bach. Some of his stuff is a little out there, and some a little technical, overall though I like him, and he flies airplanes!

Can miles truly separate you from friends.....If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?
-Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment