Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Reality




                             The new reality in this case not as pretty as this pic.






I don't come on here often and have a pity party (well sometimes I do about dhs job) but I don't often have a pity party about my health problems.  I had someone the other day tell me I have a good attitude about it.  My response was "Thank you, but having a bad attitude won't change anything."  To be fair I am completely pessimistic about a lot of things, but don't often talk about my health problems, in my book, it is what it is and I can't really change it, so why complain to everyone about it.

In my book I figure I wake up about 50-60% feeling like crap, about half the time I work out of it without taking anything, the rest of the time is better living through chemistry.  And of those times about 2-4 times a year better living through chemistry doesn't work and I end up in the ER.  As for my list of ailments they include: endometroisis, crohns, kidney issues, migraines, and an assortment of random issues: ie: torn cartilage in my hip.

My most recent bout was with my not always happy right kidney, but thanks to better living through chemistry my recovery from surgery and hospital stay last week hasn't been awful until today.  Thanks to some new bogus government rule any narcotic prescription has to be signed and actually walked into a pharmacy, you can't call it in or fax it, or even use pre-authorized refills, which is where I ran into trouble today.  You see I have a refill of vicodine since I have run out from surgery, and since my dh doesn't like to see me flop on the couch like a dead fish in pain I went to get it filled.  No joy.  No way to fill thanks to the stupid new government rule.

Which leaves me in a quandary, I've run out pills my dr prescribed for me after my surgery, and I can't fly to Houston to get another one, what to do?  Emergency Room of course.  Now don't get me wrong I know an ER Room is not for this purpose but because of these new restrictions that's exactly what its come too.

For me (and many others) this is a waste of resources, I don't want to pay to go to the ER to get a refill for something that is legitimate and has already been authorized by my dr.  The folks in the ER don't want this kind of paperwork bullshit because they have much bigger problems to deal with, but none the less that is what it has come to.

Sorry for the rant and the pity party but this really pisses me off.

1 comment:

  1. No need to apologize for the rant or pity party, story of my life too... like every damn day. And being a pilot wife, and alone at home, in a strange new
    city and state where all your old friends and family are back there ... is alienating. Pity party time.... I have been dealing with excruciating pain in my chest and ribs since Nov. 2013 and nothing is getting fixed, or cured, they just slap pain meds on like a bandaid, to make this lonely living hell slightly more tolerable... so I know what you mean.. I have even stronger narcotics and having to go get them myself when I run out is seemingly next to impossible, especially if I'm having a chest pain attack...
    It's insane. It's nuts. No fun for anyone...
    *sigh*
    What can we do? :( dh is gone on day 2 of a 4-day trip, I hate it, I'm miserable. I just want my husband more than just partially part-time. His schedule is horrible.
    Ugh, back to another depressing day of lying in pain in bed.
    I hate his horrible schedule at the regionals, we REALLY need him at the majors... I REALLY need him home more, I dont6 feel like I can survive this another year, 5 years, 10 YEARS, omg.:'(

    ReplyDelete