Saturday, May 21, 2011

And now for something completely different...our FL trip!

So these pics are all from our Florida trip. Well I still have a bunch more but that will be a different post, I don't think my computer will let me upload more than this at once!
This pic was taken at my favorite restaurant in Florida that I have found so far. It is on Marco Island and it's called Snooks. The pelican was hanging out about 10 feet from us while we were eating lunch. I also love the houses in the background...if I ever win the lotto... :) This was taken in Naples at my favorite place to watch the sunset. It's called the Turtle Club right on the beach and they have great Mai Tai's!










Of course everyone knows where this was taken! It's not the best pic as I didn't have the camera set up quite right but I still like it :)










This picture pretty much says it all...it's the flight museum near Orland, and is probably the best airplane museum I have ever been too, I even got to fly a Corsair simulator....did great flying it just can't land....well of the three times I tried to land I landed at the airport once...notice I said at the airport...not on the runway. Anyways it was great fun and the day that we went they had 5 veterans that were involved in D-Day in WWII it was so interesting to listen to them tell their stories it was amazing!





This is John's favorite airplane EVER. It is a Super Constellation. The Bellanca (the plane John and his partner have)looks like a mini one of this plane...well kind of...the Bellanca doesn't have 4 engines but it has the triple tail. So he calls the Bellanca the cardboard connie.





This is a B-17 they let you walk through; its really cool they have it set up like it would have been in WWII it's dark in the hanger, loud noises everywhere, unfortunately there was a school group there today and I didn't have time to play with the camera so the pics from inside the plane are pretty crappy but still amazing to get to see inside it!




This is the wood/restoration shop. John was fascinated by it...me not so much but it was still kinda cool.






This is a C-47 or a DC-3 I guess it goes by both names. I can't remember what the name of the amphib out there is, but John has some form of instruction manual for that type of plane that he got from his uncle that was in WWII.





They actually flew this plane and did a few fly-bys with the WWII vets on board, very cool! Apparently the smoke and flame are normal when starting the engines.....






John actually got to sit in the plane before the did the fly-by's. At the end of training he will have a DC-9 type so I thought it was pretty cool he got to sit in the DC-3.









This is at the Animal Kingdom, we went on the safari and the were feeding the giraffe!






This of course is at MGM or Disney Hollywood Studio's they call it now. This was Walt's old plane so of course we got a few pics of it. The N number was N234MM.





And our last stop was Epcot. Which I usually hated as a kid, when I was younger I just wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom, didn't have the other 2 parks when I was little.....tells you how old I am! This is at my favorite country. Norway. They have a cool Viking Ship ride, and great school bread (and other yummy treats) and of course Norwegian beer!



























No comments:

Post a Comment