Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Tale of 2 Remotes...

So this tale begins a week and a half ago when I told John the remotes for the garage weren't working well. Instead of listening to me ( I told you they weren't working!) he checks them with some kind of imaginary battery tester. Which told him they were good...why listen to me right? I just have to use them every day.....

Flash forward a few days and he's gone...I hit the remote no less than 30 times before it finally opens the garage door...super.....So I do something with that remote (we'll get to that in a minute). Grab the spare remote off the table and start using that...it now has to bounce between the car and the truck.

Flash forward to yesterday...by this time I have well and truly lost remote 1....and have pretty much lost remote 2 as it wasn't working that well either. John and I go run about a million errands, get truck oil changed, get car oil changed, last minute Christmas shopping on and on and on....by the time we get home with both cars...I have lost both remotes for sure. At which point my husband notices:

Him: Where are the remotes?
Me: Don't know don't care...I'll just use the house key the remotes aren't working anyway.
Him: But I need to find them to fix them
Me: I tried to get you to fix them last week I don't know where they are anymore....


In the mean time my husband makes the comment when we had found 1 remote but the other was still hiding.....


Him: I am not replacing the batteries in only one remote we need to find the second one.
Me: Fine I will do it when you leave
Him: No you won't I'll take it with me so you can't use it (really?)
Me: Ok I'll go buy another one
Him: They are expensive! And you don't know how to program it.
Me: True but I'm sure our neighbor/friend does.
Him: I'll tell him not to help you!
Me: Go right ahead you'll be gone and he'll help me anyway.


After a few minutes of this I have moved on to bigger and better things like laundry...not caring about the remote, as I have a back up plan (read: buy a new remote).
It takes about 30min to find the last elusive remote...remote 1 happened to be in my coat pocket (which I *thought* I already checked) I have no idea how it got there..........After we (well really John I had given up at that point) find them both the following conversation

Him: You WILL leave one in the truck and one in the car
Me: Hysterically laughing trying to gasp out: Your gone most of the time good luck with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment