Sunday, July 31, 2011

Life is unfair part 2 and could be worse.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

This is a quote from (you probably guessed by now) F.Scott Fitzgerald. I really do like most his work and LOVED the Great Gatsby when I had to read it in school. As opposed to a lot of other books that I got cliff notes for ie: The Illiad and Odyssey.

In any case I stumbled upon this quote and thought it fitting giving my fairly crappy week (s). If you remember this was the beginning of the crappy weeks
Here

So the week after the kid puking on me didn't go much better, got offered an interview at my dream job, which I couldn't go to because there was no way I could get out of work. I know this sounds kind of like a copout but it was anything but. I was working for someone who was on vacation, I would have had to miss 2 days of work for the interview (it was in Orlando) AND it would have cost me about 700 bucks to fly there, just there. So all things considered I just couldn't risk pissing off everyone at the job I DO have, and spend that much money, it was a crappy deal all around, and ironically exactly a week after getting puked at.

Which brings me to today. My wonderful husband managed to get 4 days off in a row, something apparently unheard of on reserve. So I had asked him mmm 3 weeks ago to look into going somewhere, well it turns out through a series of lets say "unfortunate events" some in his control, and some beyond, that things didn't really pan out. I saw this coming what? 3 weeks ago? So now were going to drive somewhere...not really where I want to go, but again I did see this coming.

So this is really where the quote I found comes in

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one...just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

So for those of you who actually know me I am NOT a glass half full person....I am the person who calls it empty even it is 3/4 full. I call it realism, John calls it pessimism, I figure potatoe, potato right?

But occasionally I get so annoyed that I have to find quotes like this too make me (for lack of better word) not want to gouge my eyes out.

It all seems kind of trivial what I am ticked about when I read this quote. I mean we really are lucky. John has a good job (knock on wood, after all it is in the airline industry) I have a job, we have a house, enough money to pay for everything, so really what more could I want right? And one the main things I'm ticked about is something that isn't even an option for most people, so with that being said, How mad can I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment