Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day...Sans the Pilot



So my pilot falls somewhere between the two camps of "If I'm not there for a holiday it doesn't happen." And "If I don't do Something she may kill me."

So he got me flowers the other day (Friday) and basically a pair of socks with a monkey on them. There were a few other things in the bag, but they were things I had already bought, oh and a card. I am sure this is the extent of anything that will be considered "For Valentines Day."

Now in all fairness I actually got him nothing (so far) not even a card. This may also have something to do with the fact that he's (optionally) staying in FL on this set of days off to hang out with his dad and play golf. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Valentine Day Freak, I'm not mad that he didn't come home because it's V-Day (I did in fact tell him it was fine if he stayed down there) however I do wish that he would have thought "Geee it would be nice to be home for three days, instead of hang out with my dad and play golf."

So this Valentines Day I will be hanging out with my neighbor and eating Chinese!

1 comment:

  1. "a pair of socks with a monkey on them" love it! That's so random and funny!!!

    You probably got a lot more then many other pilot wives this year! A whole bag full of stuff :) my man got me the token funny/sexual card about me being on top of him, so sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete