Monday, January 23, 2012

A Great Concept

This is one of the blogs I follow

She is another pilot wife, in fact I had the pleasure of meeting her when both my husband and her husband were in the same new hire class! I really like her writing/blog about the concept of "living with no regrets." I once saw a quote somewhere (on facebook no doubt) that basically said "The things you regret the most are the things you don't do." I *try* and live like this (within reason/financially). I'm at the point (dear god am I THAT old?) where I've realised with some things there might not be another chance to do them, and while expensive and sometimes annoying to work out the details, it is worth it.

For instance this
trip. (You have to scroll to the top of the page when it links..not sure why, but I'm tired of trying to get it to work right) At the time buying a last minute r/t ticket to LAS was a complete (and expensive) pain and I wasn't even sure I was going to go until the day I needed to fly out. It was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to go in the sim, and I'm so grateful that the stars aligned and everyone was nice enough to let me go! Big thanks to John's sim instructor, sim partner, and vp who approved me to be there, and my mom who watched the fur children!


There are always reasons not to do something, mostly with us it's financial and logistics of who is going to watch all the fur children, but you have to think to yourself "Am I going to look back later in life and kick myself for not doing this?"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christy, thanks for the shout out (: There are definitely times in life where the experience is worth the money spent. I'm becoming more aware of the things that I don't do... and living with regrets is no way to live.

    So awesome that it worked out for you to get into the sim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing your blog I love it!! I think I've reached the age where I become more aware of things that I don't do. Even over New Years I had the opportunity to spend if with John in FLL so I did because I thought who knows where/what might be going on next year?

    ReplyDelete