Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"My liver is screwed"

So I have wanted to write a blog about this for some time but wasn't really sure how... I happened to stumble upon someone who already had! So for those of you who don't know I have endometriosis, it is explained excellently in this great blog Life with Endometriosis

I have had about a bizzillion surgeries, and have had a complete hysterectomy. But the fun doesn't stop there! I ended up in the ER on Christmas Day as mentioned in my Christmas Poem
The reason for this ER visit is that since I had a hysterectomy I am/have to be on hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which for the last few months has been some what for lack of better word, "out of whack." This means that I get migraines all.the.time. Unfortunately for me I got one on Christmas Day...then started throwing up, so I couldn't keep any of the medicine down...so on to the ER we went. The ironic thing is I told John on the way there "My liver is screwed." We often joke about this because of all the medication I have been on and I am on. Ironically in the aforementioned blog she says the same thing! Who knew this was a common phrase among us Endo sisters?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for mentioning my post!

    I wanted to get it out there that endometriosis pains are not just "cramps". And when someone with endo says they're having a hard time, cut them some slack because THEY REALLY ARE HAVING A TOUGH TIME! :)

    ReplyDelete