Monday, January 9, 2012

My Christmas Poem

So my Christmas/New Year's was pretty crazy and busy...rather than right about what happened I put it in poem....my version of the "Night Before Christmas."

Crazy Ass Christmas...


T'was the trip before Christmas and all through the house

everyone was stirring perhaps even a mouse.

The truck had been packed with less than a care

in the hopes that I would soon get the hell outta there.


The animals were snuggled all safe in the back

while visions of sugar plums danced while they yacked.

While me in the front along with puma the cat

had just settled down to drive forever at that.


When out on the road there was such a shudder

I turned back home before the truck went a flutter.

Back to the computer I ran in a dash

hoping to book tickets that wouldn't cost me much cash.


Success with free tickets, send me away

only to turn out at the airport I must stay.

And to what did my tired ass eyes appear?

the snow of the century that all airport passengers fear.


When I spy a poor old F9 driver so sad and quick

I knew in a moment he must work for the "Revered St Dick."

More rapid than a hare he said they went missed 4 times

and this will no doubt cost you another dime.


On Delta on Airways, American, and Continental

and whoever we could ride on without being judgmental.

Into the line you must rush

to see how to get out of all this fuss.


So I call my pilot who flies in the sky

to shout about what is happening and why.

Up to the front of the line I flew

to find out my ticket was book on American anew.


Then in a twinkling I heard on my phone

my husband calling to let it be known.

That I would be staying the night in a hotel,

because the roads to my house had closed...what hell!


I schlepped all my bags, boxes, and cat

onto the hotel with all of my crap.

In the morning I got free breakfast for my trouble,

and back to the airport where American charged me double.


By the time I arrived in Chicago I'm not merry

and want to beat the shit out of the Christmas fairy.

Little did I realize my fun was just beginning

back to the airport I drove to pick up my husband who was grinning.


Two days I got to see my husband before

he flew off to Ft Lauderdale for work once more.

Then quick as flash back to the airport I drove to get him

and on Christmas Eve at midnight by now I'm quite grim.


But my fun was not over, because I got sick myself

what better to visit an ER on Christmas day...when else?

After receiving two shots which I dread

the rest of the day passed in my happy floaty head.


Lucky for me I had a few days to shirk

before following John to Ft. Lauderdale for work.

Could barely stay awake till midnight on New Year's Eve

then my one day at the beach it was 30 I was peeved!


Then back to ORD I went like a missile

and waited for John to appear looking official.

The next morning again to the airport for our O'Dark thirty flight

And we finally made it back home before midnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment